Friday, May 19, 2017

We made it Home!

We made it home before Mother's Day.  Got in just before 11 pm on Saturday night after a 600 mile run from South Bend, Indiana. Made good time on trip home and had good weather and no traffic problems at all.


For those who are not on Facebook you missed my post about our trailer tire failure on the trip out to South Bend.  I swerved to miss a major pot hole on the Indiana Turnpike and apparently didn't miss it with the one trailer wheel.  I blew out a tire and didn't know it and we continued down the road a few miles. The Corvette is loud and the windows were up and the trailer was tracking just fine so the first I knew about the tire was when an Indiana State Trooper pulled me over since I was rolling along with no tire on the wheel.  Not only did it not have a tire but the flailing tire also took out the taillight and the license plate. After saying goodbye to the Trooper and changing the spare, a trip to the local Tractor Supply and we bought a new spare and a replacement light, but had to do the next 4300 miles with no license plate, but made it home with no major issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment