Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Good, not Great Day at Memphis

We got to Memphis late Saturday night after a long day that started at Tire Rack is South Bend, Indiana for Wet Skid Pad competition then an Autocross at Grissom Air Reserve Base then the 500 mile run into Memphis.  At Memphis Motorsports Park we ran our first road course of the week which sets the grid order for runs for the rest of the week. After passing a car on the big straight I went into turn one a little hot and bobbled, almost saved it and did a little excursion into the grass. I made a quick recovery and got going, except it probably cost me a few seconds and a few positions in the finishing order. When results were posted I had finished 36th out of 68 which is about where I expected. I improved a couple positions in the afternoon event and then we competed in two drag strip events. The first was a pure ET (elapsed time) where I finished 21st. and the second event was bracket drags elimination. I stayed in through the second round and tied for sixth place.
     While braking for the drags I felt a thumping and suspected a cracked rotor which I have felt before. Fortunately I brought spares and we jacked up the car and changed it out and we were on our way to Atlanta, Georgia only 450 miles away, one of our shortest transits of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment