Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Challenging Day at Road Atlanta

I really didn't do enough home work for Road Atlanta. I watched a lot of You tube videos on Road Atlanta but nothing prepares you for the blind crests and blind apexes.  In Brock Jr. write up he says "This can be a daunting track" "Turn 12 is still one of the toughest corners in racing".  Turn 12 comes under the bridge  and you don't see the track for a while only sky. My run in the first event was lousy.  I was way too conservative, which also was way too slow.  At lunch time I got my laptop


out and watched the YouTube videos of the track many times.  Now that I had driven the track and seeing the corners, apexes, entries and exits they were much more helpful than watching the videos at home.  With a lot more confidence where to place the car I went out and had a great run in the afternoon finishing 20 positions higher than the morning run.

No comments:

Post a Comment