Saturday, May 4, 2013

Split decision on first day.

The day started out early about 8:30 am with the wet skid pad competition.  I got a .785 g's run which was good for a 13th place, kind of a success since last year I was 16th.  Scott Breneman really aced it with an .803 which got him a 7th place.  The less successful part of the day was at Grissom Air Force Base where I had problems with my ABS brake system which hurt me in braking.  Unfortunately I was only able to garner a 43rd place finish which dropped me from 13th overall to 27th.  Again Scott was on his game and came out with an 8th at the autocross and leaves him with an awesome 4th place standing overall.  Just got to the motel after a 600 mile run to Talledega, Alabama.  We will compete on the Talledega Grand Prix road race course while the big guys of NASCAR are over at the Talledega 2.66 mile oval.  The first event tomorrow will set the starting order for the rest of the week.  The higher you finish the sooner you finish each day and the sooner you get started on your transit drive to the next track.

Hope we can avoid the NASCAR traffic as we head to New Orleans tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment