Monday, May 6, 2013

Another mixed bag day at New Orleans NOLA

Another mixed bag day at NOLA.  NOLA is a 2 year old track outside of New Orleans.  It is 2.7 miles and it is fast and very flat.  You have to remember that we are running these tracks on street tires that don't get quite the grip as race tires.  When competing you tend to get near the limit and I exceeded it again today and ran off on turn 4 on my second lap.  I was able to regroup and drive right back on but of course it cost precious time.  Because of the "off", my finish was low in the standings and I slipped a little lower in the standings.  The afternoon went a much better and I had a good run.  So good in fact I caught the car in front of me and had to make a pass.  They release cars on a time frame that usually keeps passing to a minimum, but sometimes it happens.  Unfortunately it likely costs both cars some time in getting the pass accomplished, or I would have had an even better time posted.  At least I have started to improve my standings an hope to continue in that direction.


It is now 1am and we just arrived in Daytona Beach.  Tomorrow we run the 3.56 mile road course that they use for the Rolex 24 hour race.    After we finish Daytona we head to Carolina Motorsports where the film "Are you faster than a Redneck".  On that show they only use about half the track.  We will use the whole track and run two events then head about 150 miles to Spartanburg for an evening event before heading for Virginia International Speedway.
Stay tuned for more reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment