Thursday, May 5, 2016

Catching up after lack of sleep

The rain kept chasing us this week and we had damp but drying conditions at ncm (Corvette Museum racetrack) in Bowling Green, Kentucky. I did not have a good result with a big spin in the morning event and a 37 place, then I guess I got a little more conserative with my driving and only got a 39 place finish in the afternoon.  After all that we started a 553 mile run to Elkart Lake, Wisconsin but not leaving till about 2 pm, another very late night.
We really had a full day at Road America, one of the fastest and longest road courses in the country. We had two high speed track events, an Autocross, then off to Great Lakes Dragway about 100 miles to the south. As we were leaving Road America, we suspected we have a bent valve in the engine, however we decided to go and compete in the drags anyhow, good choice, I finished 28th overall in the fastest ET run and 4th place in the Bracket Drags. I have now climbed back to 28th place overall and 4th place in class and we are within striking distance of a few more positions, but with a wounded engine, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment