Saturday, May 7, 2011

Geat Run at Autobahn Country Club Raceway

At Autobahn Country Club Raceway outside of Chicago, near Joliet, Ill we ran both the North course and the South course. On the 1.4 mile North course I was only able to gain about 5 seconds on the car in front of me, but on my South course I caught the new Camaro in front of me in the middle of the third lap and made a pass near the kink on the back straight. They work hard to send the cars out with enough separation so that passing during your time trial is unusual. Even though I am running exhibition it still is a rush to make up the distance and make a pass. I was certainly out classed on tires since I have my old all season tires on the 92, I now wish we would have stopped at Summit Point on the way south after we retrieved the other car and swapped tires to the high performance summer which are better for the track.

Only 105 miles to South Bend this afternoon and we get a little time to decompress after mostly 600 to 700 mile nights. Tomorrow we will finish with the Dry Skid competition and after that the awards banquet then a 600 mile run to Pa.

No comments:

Post a Comment