Friday, May 1, 2009

We made it to South Bend



























Hi Everyone,
Well we made it to South Bend and are at Tire Rack. We got the rest of the decals for the national sponsors and the One Lap of America door shield. They had a drivers meeting and we got the Route Book and last minute changes and corrections. After the dinner/meeting we headed for the hotel to study our Route book and make our final plans. Tomorrow morning we start with the competition. I will be competing in the wet skid pad event, which will be two laps around clockwise then two laps counter clockwise from which they will calculate your g force. We will be awarded points based on the g force we are able to maintain. After the skid pad we are off to Joilett, Il. where Scott will compete in the road course event which will set the seeding order for the rest of the week. The higher up we finish tomorrow the sooner we will finish each day and be on our way to the next track.
There is some very serious equipment and some very talented dirvers that we will be competing with. At this point I am thinking I have my work cut out for me. I have enclosed a few pictures of a sampling of the cars.

Check back tomorrow and I will try to post an update and let you know how we did on our first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment