Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday May 4th Talladega, Al.


We had a little rain in Talladega today (actually yesterday since I am writing this after midnight), then we had a 600 mile drive after finishing the event in the wet. The picture on the left is Scott holding an umbrella for a friend to check out a brake problem in the rain. The other picture is just to give you an idea of how much rain we had. It wasn't as bad as it might have been. The track was wet but the tremendous downpour had stopped while we were on track.
Not quite the results we were hoping for today. Scott had a 21 place finish in the first event and I had a 42 place overall in the afternoon event. We certainly create a disadvantage for ourselves by us both running the same day. Most teams will use the same driver for both events therefor getting "practice" in the first event to do better in the second event. We wanted to both experience all the tracks, but our competitiveness is suffering by seeing us slip in the points. If I would have had that same time in the first event I would have improved by about 12 positions, but most everyone got better on their second event. I guess I'm feeling a little frustrated not handling Scott's car the way I handle my own and the wet tracks certinly doesn't help. I am hoping for a dry day at Sebring tomorrow and maybe we can gain a few positions.
We have about 2400 miles on the car since we left home and expect to get near 5000 miles by the time we get home.
Jim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ya Jim' Look like you are having a interesting experiance. Hope you both are holding up well healthwise. I really do envy you both having the opportunity to do all this. Hope you are having a better day today!!!
    As Always,,, Have A Great Day!!!
    Barry

    ReplyDelete