Sunday, May 3, 2009

Florence Ky. Sunday May 3rd.


Things are looking up. Scott did an great job on the autocross and finished 11th overall and 6th in class. We are now in 24th place in the accumulative standings and 7th in class out of 17 in our class. We put in about 550 miles to day first going to Highland Rim asphalt oval track then on to Talladega, Al. Unfortunately it rained at Highland Rim and they would not let us run in the rain. Too much chance of hitting the walls in the wet. Also unfortunately for me that was my event to do for the day so all I did today was a fun run on the autocross course which didn't count but I did get a respectable run of 45.345.


While we were waiting for things to happen at Highland Rim, I was dozing in the drivers seat and one of the Motor Trend photographers snuck up to the window and snapped my picture. I hope that picture doesn't end up in a national magazine or on their web site.


Tomorrow we run at Talladega Grand Prix roadrace course. We are splitting the duties, Scott will run the first event and I will run the second. As soon as we are finished we pack up quickly and head for Sebring, Fl. which in about 620 miles away. Hopefully we get there in time to get a motel room. Because of how late we will probably get to Sebring I don't know if I will do a post tomorrow, but you can check resuts on the On Lap web site at http:/onelapofamerica.com/home.shtm.



No comments:

Post a Comment