Friday, May 8, 2015

If it's Texas it must be Wednesday

We had beautiful views on the 700 mile ride from Pueblo, Colorado to Cresson, Texas even if you count the tremendous threatening clouds and the occasional downpours.  We even saw a sign that said only 113 miles to Las Vegas.  I didn't know we were that close.  On the last several miles to Cresson late at night we did happen to see a bit of wildlife with a raccoon and three armadillo.

By about today we start to forget what day of the week it is.  So the way we keep it straight is by looking at our route book to see what track matches what day.  So if we are at the Motorsports Ranch in Texas, we know it's Wednesday;^)

 

I did not have a good day at the Motorsports Ranch to say the least.  The track has 3 configurations, a 1.3 mile section with a lot of elevation changes and some blind corners and apexes.  I went off into the grass on this section an ended up losing several seconds getting back on which cost me a lot of positions and points.  The second section is 1.7 miles and the combined sections equals 3.1 miles.  I did a little better on these but not as good as my typical finishes.  One bright spot of the day was when we went to do the drags at the North Star Dragway in Denton, Texas, I got a very respectable 15 place finish in the pure elapsed time run.  By the end of the day I dropped to second place in class and 23rd overall.  Our goal is to finish in the top 20 overall so I've got my work cut out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment