Saturday, May 10, 2014

If it's New Jersey it must be Wednesday!

If it's New Jersey it must be Wednesday.  Seriously you start to lose track of what day it is when you are getting in at 2 to 4 am in the morning, so you look at the route book to verify what day it is.
I thought I might do a good deal better at New Jersey since I get down there a couple of times a year.  I did just a little better than my average has been, getting a 20th in the morning on Thunderbolt and a 16th in the afternoon on Lightning.  I had a cheering section of several friends from the Lancaster County Corvette Club plus Scott's parents and Rich Opperman a track day friend from Collegeville.  Thank you Scott for spreading the word, it was nice having someone there to watch you and cheer you on.  I did have an exciting moment when I overcooked turn four on my recon lap and slid off the track sending up a big cloud of dust that everyone could see from the tower.  I made a quick off road recovery and was on my way again.  I have never run New Jersey on my street tires on my Vette, only race tires that have a little more grip.
After the Lightning run we packed up quickly to try to beat the drive time traffic around Philly, since we had 525 miles to go to get to Mid Ohio.  That didn't quite work but the route book direction gave us good directions and even though slow it wasn't as painful as it could have been.  Because of that drive time slow traffic we didn't get to Mid Ohio till about 11:30 but that was great compared to the last two nights.
BTW still raising money for the Pa. Breast Cancer Coalition.  Log on to PBCC.me to use your credit card to donate.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment