Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Gremlins Bite us at High Palins in Colorado.

Well the gremlins bit us today.  While on my second lap the when I was driving hard the computer didn't like the air flow numbers and shut down into limp mode.  I pulled off the course onto a crossover road and tried to reset the computer.  Unfortunately by the time I completed the reset the session was over and I ended up with a DNF.  That is not good.  We will probably lose 250 to 300 points because of the DNF and it is not an amount you can make up.  I have reset my shift lights and will continue to run but it is going to cost me, since I can't drive it quite as hard or the same thing is likely to happen again.  As it stands now we have dropped to 25th position overall.  Our new goal now will be to try to maintain or improve on 25th but a top 15 is no longer in the works.

Tomorrow we will be a little closer to home since we turn east and head for Hasting Motorsports Park in Hastings Nebraska.

1 comment:

  1. Could it be an altitude thing? Perhaps the thinner air coupled with the hard driving?

    ReplyDelete