Sunday, May 6, 2018

Autobahn and Gateway

Getting lined up to run

Our first road course of the week was at Autobahn near Chicago later Saturday afternoon after we finished the Wet Skid Pad competition.  Autobahn was only 106 miles away but after we finished there we had another 248 miles to go to Gateway near St. Louis where we would compete on Sunday.  I was not pleased with my effort a Autobahn but had a couple of pretty good runs at Gateway Motorsports Park.  We also had two Drag Strip events at Gateway.  I did ok in the first event a pure Elapsed Time run but kind of beat myself by breaking out in the Bracket Drags. I actually beat my competitor in both ET and top speed but went faster than my dial in time.
Jim on track at Gateway near St.Louis


Now we are off on a 436 mile run down to Oklahoma for two road course events at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment