Friday, April 30, 2010

Some success on the Wet Skid Pad




Competition started today with the Wet Skid Pad competition. I didn't win but I am smiling. I came in 14th place out of 68 registered entrants. This was a major improvement from last year showing of 52nd place. Last year it was the first event ever for me in One Lap and I was probably a little consertive. I certainly didn't want to spin out and make a fool of myself so I didn't push real hard. Add to this that our tire choice last year was great in the dry but not so good in the wet and the two things left us near the bottom of the group after the first event.
The one picture above show them stenciling our tires. All tires are branded and stenciled to be sure you keep the same tires on for the entire event. Several factors come together to do well at One Lap. Good vehicle preparation, good tire management, personal endurance and of course some ability to get the car around a track quickly. The second picture is of Scott putting on the final stickers on the car before we took it through tech.
Tomorrow is Road America in Elkart Lake Wisconsin. I won't promise an update tomorrow since after we finish tomorrow afternoon we have a 583 mile trip to Pacific Junction, Iowa. Tomorrow also sets the seeding order for our run groups for the rest of the event.

1 comment:

  1. Jim
    Have Scott check his email!!!!!! We need to talk.

    John O

    ReplyDelete