Thursday, May 6, 2021

Alligator Alley & Helping Hands



 Had a very eventful transit to New Orleans Monday night when I ran over a dead gator in the middle of the road.  The SUV in front of me cleared it with lots of ground clearance but I kind of launched over it in my Corvette, as we were clipping along at a pretty good speed.  It did  not appear that we did any damage and we were able to continue over 100 more miles to New Orleans.  The next morning when I was making my first run at NOLA I lost my power steering which makes steering very hard, but I continued on and finished my run. It was not a good score with major rain and ponding of water and really having to muscle the car through the turns, but at least I completed the run instead of a DNF.  I would say a big Thank You to Amamda Hennessy and JD White for their help in fixing the hose that was damaged in my encounter with that dead gator.   Also thanks to Adam Hennessy for helping to diagnose the problem.  With their fixing my car I was able to compete in the afternoon event and did much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment