Thursday, May 12, 2022

NASHVILLE SUPERSPEEDWAY ROVAL

 After Wet Skid Pad Competition and an Autocross on the runways of Grissom Air Force Base in Peru Indiana we headed 366 miles south to the Nashville Superspeedway Roval.  I have not been here and on my reconnaissance lap I ran off into the grass in the infield.  Usually that would not be too big a deal, but they had installed a sidewalk for workers to walk out to the track area and did not tapper the ground next to it.  I hit that concrete edge and damaged two tires.  After changing to my spare tires one of the tire pressure monitors didn't work and when I went out on my qualifying lap the ABS system kept fighting me and slowed down my effort big time.  Unable to fix the tire pressure monitor I finally removed the fuse from the system to disable the ABS/traction control and things worked much better for my afternoon run.  Hopefully the rest of the week will be better.  Now we are off to Carolina Motorsports Park only 438 miles away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment