Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The entry list is growing

I just checked the entry list and it is growing. There are now 57 vehicle entries showing and 14 of them are in our class. Our class is "SSGT1 Big Bore". At this point half of that class are Corvettes. The others is our class include a few Porsche, an Ultima GTR, a Viper ACR, a Nissan GT-R, and even a 2008 Mongoose GTP. Typically there will be about 90 vehicles participating in this event, so it will be interesting to watch the rest of the entries as they are posted.


Over the past 10 days I got a little practicing in for this event. On Saturday I participated in this years instructor clinic down at Summit Point, WV. I then stayed over for Sunday and trained with a group from the Northern Virginia Corvette Club that I instruct with. They had arranged with some excellent BMW club skid pad instructors to help us develop our skid pad skills and better equip us in teaching skid pad to our students. It was a great day and lots of seat time on the skid pad. The other "practice" I got was a drive to Nashville Tn. on my way to a Trade Show/Convention. I guess I was working on the endurance part of things, I put about 1500 miles on for that trip.


One interesting part of the trade show is that I got to meet 2005 Indianapolis 500 winner Dan Wheldon. When I told him of my upcoming One Lap effort and he told me "Good luck and travel safe". Another item at the trade show was a inter-active racing game that one of the vendors had set up, complete with racing seat, chassis etc. Since Nascar was at Las Vegas this week that was the featured track. I guess I don't play the racing games enough, I proceeded to rub the wall a few times, spin out and ended up upside down. BTW it wasn't all fun and games at the show, I did talk to a lot of vendors, visited many booths and learned quite a few new things for my business;^)

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment